Simulation and Analysis Engineer – Greensboro, NC
As a Simulation and Analysis Engineer at Netgroup Engineering in Greensboro, NC, you will play a crucial role in delivering high-quality calculation models and results. You’ll utilize control systems and function simulation and analyses to draw conclusions, make recommendations, and ensure that design targets are met. Additionally, you will actively contribute to the continuous improvement of simulation methods and tools.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Conduct detailed CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) analysis of components, sub-systems (e.g., heat exchangers, exhaust systems, air intake systems), and complete vehicle under-hood thermal simulations.
- Perform technical research, post-process and analyze CFD results, and compile engineering reports. Provide design recommendations to identify and rectify potential design issues and improve existing designs.
- Collaborate closely with engineering, testing, and project teams to plan, develop, and coordinate test plans. Provide instrumentation roadmaps and interpret test data to make design recommendations.
- Take ownership of the analysis process, ensuring an acceptable outcome for all project stakeholders.
- Manage multiple tasks efficiently using analytical and critical thinking skills.
Who You Are:
- You hold a Master’s Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering with a minimum of 7 years of experience in CFD.
- Experience in automotive cooling airflow, thermal management, and aerodynamics is considered a significant advantage.
- You possess a strong background in the fundamentals of fluid dynamics, heat transfer, and thermodynamics.
- You have a proven track record of validating and optimizing vehicle designs through the use of CAE simulation tools.
- Experience with geometry cleanup in a commercial CAE pre-processing tool (e.g., ANSA, HyperMesh) and building fully detailed CFD models for complex analysis types.
- You have a minimum of 5 years’ experience using commercial CFD software such as PowerFLOW, StarCCM, or Fluent, and TaiTherm.
- Proficiency with Linux OS and the use of HPC systems for submitting and monitoring CAE jobs.
- Experience in shell/Linux scripting to automate repetitive tasks is a valuable asset.
Compensation: $85,000 – $95,000 and includes medical, dental, vision, life, and PTO.
Why Join Netgroup Engineering in Greensboro, NC?
- Cutting-Edge Innovation: Be part of a team that leads the way in automotive innovation and technology.
- Collaborative Environment: Work in a collaborative environment where your ideas and expertise will make a significant impact.
- Greensboro Lifestyle: Enjoy the excellent quality of life in Greensboro, NC, a city known for its welcoming community and diverse recreational opportunities.