Simulation and Analysis Engineer – Hagerstown, MD
Join our Simulation and Application Engineering Team within Powertrain Engineering in Hagerstown, MD. As a Simulation Engineer, you’ll play a pivotal role in revolutionizing the development of heavy-duty vehicles. You’ll create and utilize powertrain models, leverage simulation tools, and collaborate with cross-functional teams to optimize design efficiency.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Create powertrain models using industry-standard tools such as GT Power, MATLAB/Simulink, and similar simulation software.
- Develop software in the loop (SIL) models for software verification and development, ensuring the highest level of quality.
- Collaborate closely with technology engineers responsible for software functionality and components to optimize design through simulation.
- Interface with new product development projects to provide crucial simulation results for concept selection.
- Work with the maintenance organization to offer simulation-based solutions for product quality issues.
- Implement improvements and new features into the production software/simulation environment, driving continuous enhancement.
- Conduct tests in the laboratory and/or field to acquire data essential for simulation development and validation.
- Thoroughly document simulation development, validation, and results in engineering reports.
- Effectively communicate simulation outcomes to project teams, technical colleagues, and management.
- Participate in data analysis efforts for both production and test data, assisting with overflow work in this domain based on your background.
Who You Are:
- You are a passionate engineer dedicated to optimizing design efficiency through simulation.
- Proficiency in preparing both 1D and software in the loop (SIL) models is your forte.
- You excel at collaborating with software and component owners to optimize product designs using simulation.
- You have a strong commitment to continuous improvement of simulation tools and capabilities.
- Planning, directing, and executing technical projects is second nature to you.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical) or a similar technical field is required.
- A Master’s degree in a technical field is strongly preferred.
- 5-10 years of relevant powertrain development experience or 1-5 years with an MS/Ph.D.
- Proficiency in GT Power, MATLAB/Simulink, or similar simulation tools.
- Experience in programming for data analysis using SQL, Python, R, MATLAB, Apache Spark, or equivalent languages is preferred.
- Understanding of diesel engine calibration processes, including combustion and aftertreatment control, is a plus.
- Knowledge of OBD (On-Board Diagnostics) monitor development is advantageous.
- Experience in electric or fuel cell powertrains is a valuable addition to your qualifications.
Compensation: $85,000 – $95,000 and includes medical, dental, vision, life, and PTO.
Why Join Netgroup Engineering in Hagerstown, MD?
- Innovative Environment: Be part of a dynamic team that is driving innovation in powertrain development for heavy-duty vehicles.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with experts and cross-functional teams to shape the future of automotive engineering.
- Quality of Life: Enjoy a high quality of life in Hagerstown, MD, a thriving city with a strong community and various recreational activities.